This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

News for Autocad 2012 and other docs..

Developer
Jan 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hi to all..

Well..

Making some effort and after doing a work around 

here I put some help for those folks who want to try the plugins.

First.

You need:

Autocad 2012 32 Bits (is the one that I have, but must work on any version after 2010) (If you need a 64 Bit version maybe I can send you one )

The autocad must be configure for use in the classic mode not RIBBON

Why? because that´s work for me. Anyway I hope I will develop a way to make it work on ribbon. 

Installing the plugin:

You need to run the installer that should  create a folder with the files of the plugin. If a error pop up, ignore it and continue the installing.

Or you can unzip the package (i dont know how but maybe 7-zip can do the job) then when you already installed the pluggin, go to your autocad folder an look for the file:

acaddoc.lsp

(should be in support folder)

if the files don't exist you can make it using notepad or another editor that you wish.

in this file merge or add this line:

(command "netload" "C:\\Program Files\\acad2fdspath\\Acad2FdsPlugin.dll")

where "acad2fdspath" is the path were your acad2fdspluggin was extracted.

it is important the use of: \\ 

Well, after that, you will have the pluggin autoloaded.

How its work:

Tips:

• first configure the paths of FDS in the acad2fds menu "options"
  • You must use primitive solids. then > mesh smoth (here you convert to mesh and can try othger mesh command so you can get a best aproximation to your solids) then use faceted solid. (this commands are Autocad Commands)
  • For complex solids: Use REVMERSH and make the faceted solid  at the end. (this commands are Autocad Commands)
  • Define your materials using tools pallette materials. (this commands are Autocad Commands)

The autolaunch of smokeview is not working properly so is better run by command.

Known Bugs:

• The smoke view is not auto lauching .
  • FDS use a lot of memory so is better  if you use it after a fresh restart of your PC.
  • The installer still don't work. 
  • try to make your solids away of  the 0 because if you did it to close maybe  the plugging crahs.
  • if the plugging pop up a error just wait. the FDS file still will be created.

Please try it and make your comments

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Hi,

So… the initial idea was to make some easy and reliable tool to bridge AutoCAD and FDS… but, as I can see, there is a need to follow number of steps to make everything work. You did good effort by I really doubt that somebody will be willing to adjust all this things.

Best Regards,

Pavel Shkleinik

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:04 PM
To: pavel.shkleinik@gmail.com
Subject: News for Autocad 2012 and other docs.. [acad2fds:431278]

Hi to all..

Well..

Making some effort and after doing a work around

here I put some help for those folks who want to try the plugins.

First.

You need:

Autocad 2012 32 Bits (is the one that I have, but must work on any version after 2010) (If you need a 64 Bit version maybe I can send you one )

The autocad must be configure for use in the classic mode not RIBBON

Why? because that´s work for me. Anyway I hope I will develop a way to make it work on ribbon.

Installing the plugin:

You need to run the installer that should create a folder with the files of the plugin. If a error pop up, ignore it and continue the installing.

Or you can unzip the package (i dont know how but maybe 7-zip can do the job) then when you already installed the pluggin, go to your autocad folder an look for the file:

acaddoc.lsp

(should be in support folder)

if the files don't exist you can make it using notepad or another editor that you wish.

in this file merge or add this line:

(command "netload" "C:\\Program Files\\acad2fdspath\\Acad2FdsPlugin.dll")

where "acad2fdspath" is the path were your acad2fdspluggin was extracted.

it is important the use of: \\

Well, after that, you will have the pluggin autoloaded.

How its work:

Tips:

• first configure the paths of FDS in the acad2fds menu "options"
  • You must use primitive solids. then > mesh smoth (here you convert to mesh and can try othger mesh command so you can get a best aproximation to your solids) then use faceted solid.
  • For complex solids: Use REVMERSH and make the faceted solid at the end.
  • Define your materials using tools pallette materials.

The autolaunch of smokeview is not working properly so is better run by command.

Known Bugs:

• The smoke view is not auto lauching .
  • FDS use a lot of memory so is better if you use it after a fresh restart of your PC.
  • The installer still don't work.
  • try to make your solids away of the 0 because if you did it to close maybe the plugging crahs.
  • if the plugging pop up a error just wait. the FDS file still will be created.

Please try it and make your comments

Developer
Jan 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Hi Walash.

I just  putting this  "help" because  many people want to try the plugin.

I'm still trying to cash the bugs and developing to make more friendly the plugin and open source tools friendly too.

Maybe if the people try and see that the things works someone try to help too :)

(the blender to FDS  for example is working fine but Autocad is still the reference software for many things)

As Pink Floyd says: "don't give in without a fight"

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Hi Luarto,

I am interested to setup AutoCAD + FDS on 64bit machine.

Please provide me the information, on which version of AutoCAD will be fine for the same.

Regards,
Mehulkumar
Coordinator
Jul 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
You can just try step provided by Luarto. You will succeed... or will not =) You can also help us with development in various ways: your time, your money or your network(may be you have somebody with extra funds to invest).

Good luck!

Regards,
Pavel