This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

What kind of solids?

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Does Acad2fds support non-cuboid?

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:36 AM
Edited Dec 25, 2011 at 6:38 AM

May be J You can try

As far as I remember I tested it with wedges and complex solids, that was created by extrusion from some contour. Theoretically it should also work with cylinders and cones(bevels).

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I can only transfer box solid. Can you give some example autocad files or detail documemt ,please?

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I''ve added to the main page link to the geometry samples:

http://download.codeplex.com/Download?ProjectName=acad2fds&DownloadId=321765

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

thanks

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM

You are welcome :)

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Hello,

First of all congratulations for your program, and thanks you for distributing it for free.

I have two questions. The first one is if I can have a solid box, which isn't align with x,y,z axis (it has been rotated randomly).

If the answer is yes, can I choose the number of (align with axis) boxes which are going to replace the randomly rotated box?

The second question is what version of autocad is required. I have 2011 and I can't install ACAD2FDS.

Thanks in advanced.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Answer 1: Theoretically yes. Conversion algorithm was designed in a way to resolve such kind of geometry.

Answer 2: I hope yes :)  Navigate to the "Acad to FDS plugin" -> "Options"  and check "Use custom element size for complex solids" and chose size you want. I hope it will work (and don't forget to cross your fingers ;) )

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Thank you for the quick answer.

Maybe do you know also why I get the error "Error 1001. You have no supported AutoCAD version installed. The installation will be canceled"? I have autocad 2011.

Thanks again :)

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Hmm.. Sounds strange. The plugin should at least try to integrate into AutoCAD during installation. 

The installer looks into the registry and iterates all installed AutoCAD versions. . .

Could you please send me screenshot of this registry hive with expanded some subkeys: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\" 

AutoCAD versions are looked approximately like this: "ACAD-7001:409" "ACAD-7004:419"

You can mail me pavel.shkleinik@gmail.com

And may be maybe I will disappoint you, but probability that the plugin will work correctly with the 2011 AutoCAD version is not very high.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Could you please also try to find log file and send it to me?

The file should be located somewhere under the following path: “c:\Program Files\Walash Ltd.\ AutoCAD to FDS plugin”

or Program Files (x86) if you use 64-bit OS